You are hereBack to top
Lisa Densmore Ballard
As she puts it on her website, "If it's outdoors, Lisa likely filmed it, photographed it or written about it."
A published writer since 1991, Lisa writes extensively about her outdoor experiences, including articles published in regional and national magazines about gear, plants, wildlife, people, and conservation and ten books to date.
As a professional skier, Lisa has accomplished much: Champion racer, television personality, magazine instruction and fashion editor, product tester and designer, resort consultant, sports model and coach.
Among Lisa's extensive library of photographs are award-winning images of broad vistas, historic landmarks, intriguing people, vibrant flora, fascinating fauna, and eye-catching abstracts. She has been recognized repeatedly as one of the top outdoor photographers in the United States.
Three times Lisa has won an Emmy for films that she field produced or hosted. Her television programs have appeared on many networks.
Her books include:
- Ski Faster! Guide to Racing and High Performance Skiing, 2nd edition (Rocky Fork Media, 2016)
- Hiking the Adirondacks, 2nd edition (FalconGuides, 2017)
- Best Easy Day Hikes Adirondacks, 2nd edition (FalconGuides, 2017)
- Backpacker Magazine's Prediction Weathers (Globe Pequot, 2010).
- Hiking the White Mountains (FalconGuides, 2010)
- Hiking the Green Mountains (FalconGuides, 2009)
- Best Hikes with Dogs: New Hampshire and Vermont (The Mountaineers Books, 2005)
- Ski Faster! (McGraw-Hill, 2000)
Lisa has been a member-owner since February 2018.
Lisa's most recent book, Ski Faster! Guide to Racing and High Performance Skiing, is available at the store. Give us a call and we will set aside a copy for you or send it out to you.
- Ski Faster! Guide to Racing and High Performance Skiing by Lisa Densmore Ballard
- ISBN: 9780998114804
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Rocky Fork Media; 2nd edition (2016)