Welcome to our inaugural Reading Challenge! We know many of these exist, but we still hope you'll consider participating in ours. It is open to all ages, and we have designed the categories to be appropriate for young readers as well as adults.
We are going to make things easy for you: To qualify for the end-of-year prize drawing for goodies like THoB gift cards and free books, all you have to do is read as many books as the median* American, selecting based on the categories below. How many books is this, you ask? It's FOUR! Just FOUR! For the over-achievers among us, you can get an extra entry for every multiple of four you read (they must be different categories)...so you can get up to three entries in the drawing if you read something from every category!
(1) A book by a This House of Books member-author
(2) A book with a spine that is your favorite color
(3) A graphic novel
(4) A poetry collection (chapbooks okay!)
(5) A book with “rabbit” in the title (to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit!)
(6) A book with a Billings connection
(7) A book on a “bestseller” or BookTok list
(8) A title published in 2023
(9) A book that has been made into a movie or TV show
(10) A book by an author from a country currently facing armed conflict
(11) A book in translation
(12) A book you chose based mainly on its cover